Monday, December 20, 2021

A Very Generous Gift From a Great Guy


Social media is a heck of a thing when it brings thoughtful, generous, like-minded people together.  That is exactly what happened recently on Instagram.  I have followed @craftyflys76 on Instagram for quite a while now.  It is been a lot of fun to watch him progress with his fly tying skills and he ties some really good patterns.  We comment on one another's post and always have kind words for one another.  He's also a veteran and a good old Missouri boy as well so that just makes him even cooler.  I wanted you to have a little background information on Chris before I tell you what happened next.

I saw a picture of a fly that he tied and told him how much I liked the pattern.  When he commented back and offered to tie me one up and send it to me, I was overcome with gratitude and appreciation.  When the fly arrived in the mail, it was even better that what I had seen on the 'gram.  The size and profile are perfect for bass and I can't wait to throw this fly!  Even better (and I didn't realize this by looking at the picture) is that this fly is articulated.  It has a shank in the back that is attached to a hook in the front.  It swings freely and I can't wait to see how this thing moves in the water.  At the very least, it is going to reflect plenty of light and get noticed a lot!  

So from the bottom of my heat, thank you Chris.  Your kindness and generosity are appreciated by me more than I can describe.  We need more of this in the world and please know that your act put a smile on my face and warmed my heart!  You will be receiving a package in the mail soon as well.  It is a small way for me to show my thanks for what you did for me and I cannot let such a debt go unpaid.  I will also be posting a picture of a big old bucketmouth this spring that has this fly stuck in his mouth!  Thank you again Chris and Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment