Wednesday, December 8, 2021

My Cheeky Reels Came in the Mail!


Last week I posted about a REALLY good Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that Cheeky recently had.  Click here to read that post if you would like.  To summarize, they had a buy one, get one free sale and I couldn't resist making a purchase.  I bought two of the 5/6 reels that come preloaded with backing, line, and a leader.  When the package arrived in the mail on Monday, I was pretty pumped to check out my new equipment.

I was NOT disappointed.  Besides the reel looking cool (I dig the green backing and blue fly line) and feeling amazing, there was a sticker, some warranty information, a quality control document, some specs on the reel, and a reel case.  The reel itself appears to be really well engineered.  The drag is easy to adjust and offers a lot of different settings.  One of my favorite qualities of the reel is that is has a quiet retrieve but clicks when line is being taken off the spool.  I HATE being the "loud guy" on the water when I am reeling in line, but I LOVE being the "loud guy" when a fish is peeling off line!  That's not an ego thing, it's just the fact that the sound means something special is happening.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment