Monday, December 27, 2021

This Place Scares Me!


About a week ago, I took the boys up to our family farm for some work and play.  We worked on insulating the ceiling of my hunting cabin and tried to find some birds with Waylon.  While on a walk through some brush and timber, we came across a place that looks like something out of a horror movie.  It doesn't scare me as much in the daylight, but I'll be honest, I will take a longer path around this place if it is dark.  It just feels like something is going to come out of the water, grab me, and take me to a watery grave!  

In reality, it is just an old fruit cellar.  I'm sure there used to be a house on the property but there is little evidence of one.  I did find part of a bed frame and a sewing machine there once.  There is almost always standing water in it, but it will dry up during the summers sometimes.  I know it is baseless fear that is probably rooted in watching too many scary movies, but it still makes me nervous to be around.  If you are wondering if anyone has every actually went down the steps and explored the place, the answer is no!  There could be gold bars down there for all I know...and if so, they are going to stay there for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment