Monday, December 13, 2021

And Then the Tip of My Orvis Clearwater Rod Tip...Showed Up in the Mail!


Back in August, I wrote a post about the tip of my Orvis Clearwater rod breaking.  You can click here to view the post but here is the gist of it: I got a heck of a deal on a 10 foot, 4 weight Orvis Clearwater from Cargo Largo in Independence, Missouri.  The second time that I took the rod out, the tip (below the second guide from the top) broke off.  I paid $60 as part of the lifetime warranty and was told that I would be receiving my ne tip section in the mail by October 1.  

Fast forward to December, and my rod tip finally arrived.  I am thrilled to have my rod back in working order and I don't fault Orvis at all.  I wish the fee was less and of course I wish this could have been fixed sooner, but I also understand the way that things like this are working right now.  Some things are in short supply and back-ordered and I get that.  Under "normal" circumstances, I would be livid but during these "challenging" times, I think everyone deserves a little more patience.  I'm just glad that my rod is back to working and can't wait to chase some fish with it soon!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment