Thursday, December 30, 2021

We Bought a Solo Stove




As a Christmas gift, I bought Wendy and I a solo stove.  I have seen these advertised for a year or two, and thought someone would have to be rich and/or crazy to purchase one.  However, some of our friends have ones and we have gotten to see them in action over the last couple of months.  I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed while seeing them in operation.  We both really wanted one so I decided to splurge a little and purchased one for us for Christmas.  We have used ours a few times in the last week and there is ZERO buyer's remorse!

In my opinion, this thing is an engineering marvel!  It gives off a very small amount of smoke once you get it really going.  The amount of smoke that it gives off when starting a fire is what you would normally expect but it goes away as the fire builds.  The solo stove is also really light which makes it portable.  I moved it from our deck to our back yard without much effort.  Finally, this thing is efficient.  This thing cranks out more heat than you would expect from a few logs and there isn't much ash left over at the end of the burn.  Finally, it is pretty darn wind resistant as well since the flame is enclosed.  

The solo stove also has a stand that can be used to keep it off the surface it is on.  You can burn this on a driveway or on a deck without fear of scorching the surface below.  The flame that is produced through the air circulation system is both beautiful and mesmerizing as well.  While the stove and the stand are more than I would have normally spent, the aforementioned benefits make it worth the price to me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment