Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Deer Mount from the 2021 Season



Last week I got a message from my former high school biology teacher, Mr. Miller, and it was a message that got me pretty excited!  While he is a former teacher (and a GREAT one), he is also the man that I take a (rare) buck to for a European mount.  He does outstanding work and is the only guy that I trust with a trophy.  When I read in his message that my mount was ready for pickup, I tried to arrange the quickest time for us to meet up.  

When we handed me my mount at the Quick Trip in Kearney, Missouri, I felt like a kid at Christmas!  I had completely forgotten what a rush it was to get taxidermy work back and how the memories of a successful hunt come rushing back to you when you see the animal you harvested, again.  If you ever find yourself looking for a taxidermist, I cannot recommend his services highly enough!  I have included a link to his website to see some of his other work.  I am hopeful that in a couple of weeks I am able to take a pheasant to him for mounting as well, but like any hunting or fishing trip, there are a lot of things that have to work out before that happens!






No comments:

Post a Comment