Thursday, December 16, 2021

Guide Flies



Until a couple of years ago, I didn't know what a guide fly is.  My understanding of the term is that a guide fly is a fly that is easy to tie but is also extremely effective.  I don't know about you, but I am a fan of guide flies!  Sure, there is something to be said for taking 30 minutes to tie a beautiful fly that does exactly what you want it to do on/in the water.  However, there are times when I want to crank out a dozen flies in a short amount of time that are simple and are fish catching machines.  

When I ran across this book on social media (can't remember who posted it), I thought to myself "Now that's a book I could use!"  It is currently available on Amazon to preorder.  If you are a fly tyer that could use a few more guide fly patterns in your fly box, it might be worth kicking the tires on this book.  You could also gift it to one of your fishing buddies that ties your flies for you and gives them to you for free.  You know who you are and this gift is a win-win for both of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment