Wednesday, July 27, 2022

A New Fly in the Fly Shop & Vacation Mode is Off!


If you have stopped by the online fly shop recently, you probably saw that it was in "Vacation Mode".  I have been on a little trip that you will read about later.  The most important takeaway is that the store is back open and I am ready to start mailing out flies as of today!  Below is a link to the store:

The other item that I wanted to bring to your attention is that there is a new fly available in the store.  As you have probably guessed, it is the fly that is pictured above and below.  It is a variation of the clouser minnow which is also currently available in the online store.  All I did was replace the upper section of bucktail with an olive rabbit strip that features black bars.  I try to utilize natural colors like black, olive, and white to match what lives in most environments.  Most fish in Missouri (and many other places) have white bellies and dark backs.  While chartreuse, yellow, pink, and purple are great attractor colors, I like to stick to colors that fish are used to seeing and predating.  

The fly is a streamer and could catch anything that eats minnows.  As far as the action of the fly, it rises through the water column when stripped and dives when paused.  A faster retrieve would have a less up and down motion but more flutter and wiggle.  The white bucktail flutters and the rabbit strip has a good wiggle to it.  The fly has a long, slender profile like most minnows.  Whether you are fishing for largemouth, smallmouth, trout, white bass, or any other minnow eater (occasional catfish for example), this fly is going to tempt them.  This fly is tied on a size 2, B10S Gamakatsu hook and is SHARP!  

I am releasing a limited quantity of them to see if there is a market for these flies so come and get them if you want them.  If I sell out quickly, I promise that I will tie some more up and make them available in the store as soon as I can!  Below is a link directly to this fly if you want to check it out a little more!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1272048415/bunny-clouser-minnow



No comments:

Post a Comment