Friday, July 15, 2022

A Wide Range of Information

Lunch Moneys in The Boogeyman color combo!

While contemplating what to post today, it dawned on me that I have a lot of things to share.  Let's get right to a little information about a bunch of things.

1. Fishing Conditions- If you fish impoundments in the Midwest, a lot of fish (bass, bluegill, etc.) are being caught off the bank and away from cover right now.  Find drop offs and transition zones to throw your fly into.  It feels weird to fish what feels like open water but it is producing.  I have witnessed it myself and I am hearing similar stories from my buddies.

2. Southern Missouri River Flows- I was watching a Facebook Live video last night that Ryan Walker was conducting and he said that rivers and streams in southern Missouri are REALLY low right now.  If you are planning on floating or fishing a river in this area, you might do a little research to learn about conditions before you go.  It would be awful if you had a trip that you were excited about and realized when you arrived at the river that you would be dragging a vessel as much as paddling it.

3. James River Basin Partnership- Speaking of Ryan Walker and southern Missouri, the purpose of the aforementioned video was to announce some things that can be done to benefit the James River Basin Partnership.  There are some pretty cool ways that you can help and maybe get something out of it as well.  Click the link and watch the video for more information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/1201068465/videos/1015273585837679/

You can also visit the James River Basin Partnership webpage to learn more as well.  There is currently a stand up paddleboard raffle going on right now too!

Link: https://www.jamesriverbasin.com/

4. TikTok- I am proud to announce that I received my 1,000th follower on TikTok yesterday.  If you don't have the app, there is some really good fly fishing, conventional fishing, and saltwater fishing content.  The app contains short videos for folks with short attention spans...like me!  Feel free to follow as well.  My username is @showmeflyguy.  Some of the content is informative, some of it is an attempt at humor, and some of it is just nonsense.

5. Etsy Store- The Etsy store is pretty well stocked up and orders are going out regularly.  Feel free to pick up some flies if you need small jigs, streamers, boxes, or assortments.  Here is a link:

Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheShowMeFlyGuy

6. Truck Update- This is not a rant, I promise, but I wanted to let everyone know about the catalytic converter issue that is present in our society.  Apparently these things are getting stolen more and more and Kansas City (where I live) ranks towards the top of the list in terms of cities that have converters stolen.  I was informed on Wednesday that there is an 8 month estimate on getting the parts in for my 2021 Toyota Tundra.  Please be aware of this problem and the ramifications that exist if you have yours stolen.  I sincerely hope that this problem does not affect you!

No comments:

Post a Comment