Friday, July 1, 2022

Tying My Own Dragon Tail Gurgler


I couldn't wait any longer.  I had to tie one of these things!  I am pretty happy with how it turned out at it was pretty simple.  All I needed was some 5 mm foam and the dragon tail like material.  The foam came from Hobby Lobby and the dragon tail material came from Amazon.  If you search up "worm toy for kids" you will find all kinds of quantities and color options.  While I have yet to fish with this material, I have heard that they are not very durable.  The way I figure though, I am looking for one big bit with this thing and if all I catch on it before it is tore up is a 6 pound bass...I'm good with that.  I also tied this fly on a Gamakatsu B10S size 1/0 hook.  I have included some step by step pictures but if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!







No comments:

Post a Comment