Wednesday, January 6, 2021

CFM Magazine- My First Published Fly Fishing Article

When my buddy Colton from the Conservation Federation of Missouri asked me to write an article for the Conservation Federation magazine, I was flattered for a few reasons.  The first reason was that I was being asked to help support conservation in the state of Missouri.  To have the opportunity to help support something that has given me so much was humbling.  The second reason was that someone thought enough of my writing to actually have it published in a state-wide publication.  I love to write, that's why I have a blog for Pete's sake!  However, I have always struggled with confidence.  I've had people tell me that they like my writing but most of them are friends and family and I tend to think they are just being polite.  However, when my buddy Colton told me how much he liked the article, that carried a little more weight.  A lot of articles have crossed this guy's desk and for him to tell me that it was both informative and humorous, well that gave me a big confidence boost.

I hope that you appreciate the article and that maybe it helps you have an adventure and/or put a few more fish in your hands.  Let's never lose site that blogs, articles, posts, etc. should strive to make you learn, laugh, and reinforce your passion for something.  So if you're looking for some winter-time trout fishing opportunities and tips, maybe this article will act as a small guide towards what you are looking for!


Link: https://issuu.com/missouriwildlife/docs/january_2021_vol_82_no_1/34

Also, I would also encourage you to learn more about the Conservation Federation of Missouri.  They are the advocacy group for the Missouri Department of Conservation and actually helped create this government agency.  They ensure that we, as Missourians, have outdoors spaces and opportunities.  I am including CFM's website below if you would like to learn more about this organization and/or support their efforts.

Link: https://www.confedmo.org/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Tyler! I enjoy your content and I'm glad to have it in our magazine!

    ReplyDelete