Thursday, January 7, 2021

How to Make a Deer Hair Head around Dumbbell Eyes with Kelly Galloup

In a recent post, I stated that my New Year's Resolution is to get better at tying and shaping deer hair.  Well my progression towards that goal took a little stop forward yesterday.  After watching many different videos and watching some folks that are truly artists when it comes to using deer hair with flies, I realized that I needed some thin, flexible, double sided razor blades.  What I didn't know what how hard they are to find in retail stores.  I even went to hardware stores and couldn't find the little devils.  So I ended up ordering some on Amazon and now I have the right tool for the job.  Now I just need to make myself sit down and navigate the learning process.  I will keep you updated on my failures and successes as they occur.




Until I have some personal pictures to share, here's a video for all of you either working towards the same goal or those of you that would like to improve your deer hair skills around dumbbell eyes.



Link to TheSlideInn YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeiQJ7VQq8g54_ZS5lkbx1w

No comments:

Post a Comment