Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Fly Tying - Kelly Galloup's Mini-Bangtail

This is yet another outstanding video from Brian Wise of Fly Fishing the Ozarks.  For starters, the materials are readily available to most folks.  You might even have them on hand already and might not have to venture to the fly shop for them.  For enders, the techniques are pretty basic.  With that being stated though, I really like how he ties in the synthetic fibers at 6:45 in the video.  I struggle sometimes with getting fibers like this to look just right and Brian has a great technique to simply things.  I hope you dig the pattern and give it a shot!  

Speaking of streamers, I'm working on a pretty cool post but you'll have to wait another day or two for that.  If you've seen my Tik Tok video, you know what's coming!  



Link to Fly Fishing the Ozarks YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9Ra827nueyjCl3h7aLwvA

No comments:

Post a Comment