Tuesday, January 12, 2021

GoFundMe for Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler is a heck of a Missourian!  He was the director of the Conservation Federation of Missouri, has helped introduce legislation to support conservation, and has done more things to give Missourians opportunities in the outdoors than I can count.  He has also hosted many people at his retreat called Driftwood Acres.  However, his cabin on that property was recently burned to the ground.  Foul play is suspected and an investigation is underway.  Many family heirlooms and priceless items that hold memories were destroyed.  This is a travesty and it pains me to see what has happened to him.  Brandon is a good guy and I feel sick that he lost something so important to him.  If you would like to do something to show Brandon some support or some appreciation for his conservation efforts, please click on the GoFundMe link below.  Anything helps and I am proud to say that Wendy and I have donated to the cause as well.  Please read the details on the page in order to know what you are donating to.  

On a personal note, I have a small cabin about an hour away from my home and if it burned to the ground, I would be without a place to take my friends and family as well.  I am also in the process of rounding up a few mementos to send him so he can start to rebuild and maybe have something to add to his new place when it gets rebuilt.




Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/brandon-butlers-cabin-burned-down-by-poacher?qid=8df918abeab2730c757c68527f6be966

No comments:

Post a Comment