Monday, January 11, 2021

Cody's Measuring Stick


My youngest son turned six years old a week ago and I thought I would share our tradition with you.  If you have young children, grandchildren, or are expecting one or the other, you might be interested in this.  

Some folks like to measure their kids against doors, walls, or sticks to commemorate ages and growth.  When Cody, my youngest, was born, I decided that I wanted to do something similar but with a fly fishing connection.  I felt confident that my son was never going to grow over eight feet tall so why not track his growth on a fly rod?  It is my plan to track his birthdays and growth on the rod and give him this rod when he is ready for fly fishing.  It's not an expensive rod, but it will always have a purpose and a personal connection.  So if you have a young fisherman in the family or are expecting one, this might be a fun and commemorative tradition that you can use.  Heck, you can even tell folks that you came up with the idea!  Whatever it takes to get another generation on the water is fine with me!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment