Thursday, April 28, 2022

A Fly Tying Materials Master List: Genius or Overkill?


I have reached the point in my fly tying experiences, that I have a lot of materials.  I have materials that I have never tied with, never unpackaged, and don't plan to do either.  I've found my comfort zone and I know what I like to tie and what I like to fish.  The problem that I have now is figuring out what do I actually use and how much do I have?  The latter question is the one that I am most concerned with.  I don't want to end up in a situation where I want to complete a custom order or whip up some flies for myself and don't have the means to do so.  That's where this master list idea came from.  

After I complete this list, I think one of two things will happen.  I will not use it one single time OR this idea will make life easier.  My plan is to simply run through the list prior to placing an order for materials and determine what do I have enough of and what do I need more of.  Like anything else in life, we will see how this  plays out, but for now, I have to get back to typing the names of materials into an Excel document!

No comments:

Post a Comment