Monday, April 25, 2022

I Got Out-fished AND Skunked!

It hadn't happened all year but it finally happened.  I got skunked yesterday.  I fished at Watkins Mill State Park and didn't catch a single fish.  I couldn't even catch a bluegill on a jig under an indicator!  I don't blame the conditions, but rather my inability to read the conditions and adjust accordingly.  It was windy, a front had moved through the night before, and the water was murky.  Yes, conditions were less than ideal but I'm still kicking myself or not being able to make the right adjustments.  I probably should have focused more on deeper water and should have stripped a black wooly in those spots as well.  

To add insult to injury, I even got out-fished by a competitor that I should have easily defeated in terms of size and numbers.  While it was cool to see an osprey and even more impressive to see an osprey with a bluegill, it also knocked my confidence down another rung on the ladder of self confidence.  Days like this though do make you appreciate the surroundings more and for me, they motivate me to be a better angler.






No comments:

Post a Comment