Monday, April 11, 2022

Tri Lakes Fly Fishing Expo Recap


WOW!  The Tri-Lakes Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday was AMAZING!  I had never attended the event before so I didn't really know what to expect, but when I arrived an hour before the expo was open to the public and saw how many people were already there, it became obvious to me that this was a bigger deal that I had imagined.  The number of people, vendors, and demonstrators what at least twice as big as I was expecting.  Everything was organized perfectly and everything just seemed to run smoothly.  There were vendors from different parts of the Midwest as well as many from Missouri.  The demonstrators had a great range of patterns to share and specialized in a variety of species and techniques.  

As for my booth, things went really well.  I got to meet a lot of nice folks and got to talk all things fly fishing, all day long.  I sold a few shirts and a bunch of flies as well which was a nice addition.  Aside from all of that, I also learned A LOT from other folks.  I've decided that I am going to try and step up my level of expertise with white bass.  I learned new fly patterns, found out about some good fishing spots, and realized that there are more fly fishers out there than I originally thought.  Overall, this was an amazing experience that was run by a group of passionate fly fishers and it couldn't have gone any better in my opinion.  If you get the chance to attend next year's event, you will not be disappointed!


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a great show as usual, and the new venue provides so much more room. Was great to meet you. Still think you should of brought your new dog ;).
    Marty And Pat

    ReplyDelete