Friday, April 8, 2022

My Brown Trout Mount is on the Way!


I received a late birthday present (birthday was Wednesday) yesterday in the form of a text and a photograph.  Jim Lucas of Jim Lucas' Taxidermy informed me that my brown trout replica is almost done!  I caught this fish on Lake Taneycomo a week after Wendy and I got married last October.  It went 23 inches, had a 15 inch girth, and went about 6-7 pounds.  The moment I got it into the net, I knew I was going to have a replica mount made.  Since Jim mounted a female brown trout that I caught on the White River a few years ago, I knew that there was only one person that I trusted to complete this job.  His work is amazing and I am extremely excited to go pick it up.

If you have never purchased a fish mount, you should know that they are not cheap.  You pay per inch, and the bigger the fish, the more you pay.  Well, it just so happens that I have an online fly shop that generates just enough revenue to fund my fishing addiction.  So if you have ever purchased flies from me in the past, please know that this is where some of your money is going.  Thank you for your patronage and for helping me hang a memory on the wall!  Also, thank you Wendy for the rod that caught the fish, for booking the trip to Branson, and for letting me hang this beauty in the living room.  You're an amazing wife!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment