Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Now Available: Lunch Money Streamers!



In a recent post, I documented the effectiveness of a dark colored lunch money on a farm pond in stained water.  You can click here to read the post if you would like.  Due to this successful field test, I've decided to start selling this fly in the Etsy store.  Here's a detailed description of the fly:

This fly is a staple for folks that target largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and big trout! Please know, I did not invent this fly. All credit goes to Matt Bennett for that honor. I was introduced to this fly by Ryan Walker of Ozarks Smallmouth Alliance. After catching some smallmouth with this fly, I decided to bulk it up some, add a couple of tweaks, and fish it for largemouth on some of my home waters. I have fished it for about a year now and I am extremely happy with how it performs on the water. Personally, it has caught largemouth bass, channel catfish, and even crappie (if they are hungry enough). I wouldn't sell this fly if I didn't have the utmost confidence in it!

This particular pattern is not made to imitate anything specific. It is meant to be a fly that gets fished in murky water, flooded water, or both. The color, size, and profile give this fly a profile that will stand out in stained water. It has a sink rate that makes it possible to fish it quickly in shallow water or drag it slowly through deep water. It has a good swimming action when stripped and a lifelike profile when paused. I fish this fly on an 8 weight rod because it pairs well and a floating line because I don't tend to fish it very deep on lakes. You could get away with fishing this on a 7 weight though and a sinking line would help it to get down deeper in lakes and rivers.

I plan on making some other colors available in the near future, and I will let you know when those become available.  As for now, there is a limited quantity of these flies available in the store so feel free to pick one or a few up while supplies last.  Feel free to send any questions my way and my email is showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment