Monday, May 23, 2022

Good Fishing Friday Night!

Last Friday, Wendy and I did something that we hadn't done since last October...we went fishing together.  It was a beautiful evening and the fish happy to cooperate with the plans we laid out for them.  Wendy hit the northern Missouri slam with a bass, bluegill, crappie, and green sunfish.  She threw a jig under a strike indicator. As for me, I threw a Chartreuse Caboose on a six weight and ended up boating 6 of the 8 bass that bit.  The bass were around structure and while the numbers weren't gaudy, the takes were aggressive!  Going 6 for 8 is pretty good for me and the fury that the fish possessed helped my percentage go up.

The lake that we fished was at Rocky Hollow Park.  This lake has become a favorite of mine because of a decent bass population and it's location.  While it is close to Excelsior Springs, Missouri, you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.  It's quiet, secluded, and small.  I love all of those things when it comes to a fishing spot.  I wish the fish were a little bigger, but the population is pretty good so it's a good trade off.







No comments:

Post a Comment