Friday, May 13, 2022

If It Ain’t Chartreuse, It Ain’t No Use


On a whim yesterday, I decided to tie a white and chartreuse streamer.  I've noticed that most of my streamers contain black, olive, white, and yellow and I wanted something different.  I decided to go for some bright colors because as many bass fishers will tell you, "If it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use."  And while I prefer natural hues and to "match the hatch" I also realize the value of attractor colors like pink, purple, and yes, chartreuse.

It is really just a beefed up version of a wooly bugger.  Aside from the two-tone tail, the body consists of a complex twist (chartreuse pearl chenille, pearl UV polar chenille, and white schlappen), and a chartreuse collar.  I really like how this fly turned out and will definitely be testing it on the water.  If you’re interested in receiving a shipment of these beauties, I can complete a custom order just like this or to other specifications that you would prefer. Feel free to contact me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com to get your order started.




No comments:

Post a Comment