Monday, May 9, 2022

Purchasing a Fishing Net (Which was Harder than it Sounds)


I'm making this harder than it needs to be!  I get that.  I get that because I do it A LOT!  I mull over decisions ad nauseum and it takes me longer to make a decision that is either normal or necessary.  When I started to go down the road of buying a fishing net, I should have seen my overdone dilemma coming.

Would I rather have one too long or too short?  Wood or aluminum?  How wide?  How deep?  Will I carry this on the stream as well as on the boat?  Will I use this for for bass AND trout?  Do I need it to be collapsible for easy transport?  Would a wooden net make me look more like a guide, and thus make me look cooler?  I saw a picture of a friend of mine one time leaning on a big wooden net next to his buddy holding a monster fish.  They both looked pretty cool.  Could I look that cool?  Am I the only one noticing stuff like that?  I hate my brain sometimes.  

I looked at this collapsible aluminum one, but the plastic hoop concerned me.

I liked this wooden one but it wasn't collapsible or long enough.  

I ended up going with this one.  I liked the fact that it was extendable, had the silicone mesh basket, and is going to be durable.  I don't have to scratching it up and I can carry it on the bank or in a boat.  However, be aware that the net that is pictured is not what I ended up receiving.  The hoop was not black and the extension option is different.  In the picture, there is a metal button to push to extend it to predetermined lengths.  What I received has a twist handle that can be set to any length that I desire.  While it wasn't what was pictured, it was actually better which is a rarity.

1 comment:

  1. Fun Fact: If you tear a hole in a net, it has less holes than it started with...

    ReplyDelete