Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Conquering the Clouser


In a recent post, I documented my struggles with tying a Clouser Minnow.  For the specifics, just click here.  In the post, I declared that I would eventually create a functional version of this fly.  Yesterday, I found a little time to dedicate to conquering this fly and I am proud to say that I think I finally got it.  The proportions look good to me, the heads look clean, and the size feels right.  It felt good to finally get, what I would consider, a respectable version of this fly.  It was also nice to overcome a small obstacle that had been bugging me for a long time now.  In the future, I am going to play around with some other color combinations, but for now, I can't see how a largemouth, smallmouth, or white bass could turn this baby down!


No comments:

Post a Comment