Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Fishing Trip Traditions

Sometimes a fishing trip is about the destination.  Sometimes I want to take liberties with the speed limit, blow through stop lights, and just get to the lake.  I don't care about the scenery.  I don't want to stop for gas.  I might be hungry but I sometimes don't stop to eat.  I just want to be on the water, chasing fish.  Then there are times that are the exact opposite.

Sometimes, the fishing trip is about the journey.  Sometimes I am equally excited to just get out of town as I am to reach the water.  Sometimes I look forward to a familiar gas station or landmark.  Sometimes I slow down to look at a tree growing out of a silo or a camel farm.  And yes, sometimes a stop at Osceola Cheese is necessary for nothing more than it is a fun tradition.  These traditions are sometimes the high point of a fishing trip (which means the fishing was bad) or sometimes it just prolongs the trip itself because you really don't want to go home to responsibilities.  Traditions, in my opinion, are important.  They help create memories as well as stories...and can break up a 3 hour drive with a little food, humor, and relaxation.  

So what fishing trip traditions do you have?  Feel free to post in the comment section below!


2 comments:

  1. Much to my family's dismay, I start all of my trips at QuikTrip for gas, drinks, and snacks.....every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're still doing that buddy! I was scared that change in burritos (I think that's what it was) might have messed with your loyalty.

      Delete