Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Fishing Report from Jesse James Park in Kearney, Missouri


Last Saturday I got the opportunity to do a little fishing at Jesse James Park in Kearney, Missouri.  This is a great place to visit and the fishing can be decent too!  There is a playground where my youngest son played, a dog park that my oldest son took Waylon to, a walking trail, an amphitheater, and of course, a lake that is currently stocked with trout.  The bite wasn't on fire by any means but I caught between 10-15 fish total.  I landed four rainbows, two bluegill, and between seven and ten crappie.

Every fish I caught came around the dam.  There was a slight breeze blowing into the dam which might have helped a little.  I caught ever fish on The Standard which was about three feet under an indicator.  It is getting to the point that I rarely use anything but this fly when chasing stocked trout in the Kansas City area.  Some of the bites were aggressive and some were more subtle but they were consistent.  I have fished this lake quite a few times and the dam has been the best spot over the years and I rarely catch anything in other locations.  So if you're looking for a new spot to take the family or live in the area and want to chase trout, you might want to pay a visit to Jesse James Park. 







No comments:

Post a Comment