Tuesday, November 2, 2021

License Plate Fish Silhouette Conclusion

The license plate fish silhouette is done!  It turned out almost exactly the way I wanted and that is rare for me to be able to say at the end of a project.  While this project was not labor intensive, it required a lot of planning and forethought.  To summarize what I did, I followed the following steps.

1. I projected the image I wanted onto a piece of plywood by using a digital projector.

2. I cut out the shape with a jigsaw.

3. I spray painted the shape black.

4. I screwed the license plates to the shape.

5. I placed dots approximately 1/2 inch off the wood on the license plates and around the shape.

6. I connected the dots.

7. Using a pair of tin snips, I cut along the line.

8. I attached a tooth hanger to the back where I felt like the shape was balanced.

That's it!  I looked around for a tutorial to follow but couldn't find anything I liked.  I decided to document the project as I went in case anyone else wanted to create something similar.  If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me on social media or send an email to showmeflyguy@gmail.com.

PS- Donovan, if you are reading this, I have plans for the plates you sent me, I promise!  I think you will dig my idea.














No comments:

Post a Comment