Thursday, November 18, 2021

Jack’s First Trout


My youngest son, Cody, is pretty lucky to have a good buddy.  His name is Jack.  He's got a good sense of humor and is a cute little guy.  Last weekend, I decided to take Mason, Cody, Collin, Jack, and Waylon to Capital Federal (formerly known as Fountain Bluff) Sports Complex in Liberty, Missouri, since it was a nice day.  Collin hit some baseballs on the fields, Mason walked Waylon, and Jack and Cody played on some playground equipment.  I took some time to try and catch some stocked rainbow trout at a couple of the lakes that were recently stocked by the Missouri Department of Conservation.

After a while, Jack made his way over to where I was fishing and was hoping to catch something.  The bite was slow so I told Jack that I would make him a deal.  I told him that I would teach him to cast a fly rod on another day, but if I hooked a fish, he could reel it in.  As luck and fortune would have it, I got my only bite of the day a few minutes later.  Not only did he reel in the fish and do a fantastic job posing for pictures, but he also learned how to clean a fish.  I'm also pretty sure that fish got eaten at his dinner table later that night too which was pretty cool.  He was pretty darn excited and I am hopeful that we have ourselves another convert to the fly fishing club!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment