Monday, November 1, 2021

Would You Rent a Pond?



A good friend of mine sent me this link the other day.  When I first looked at it, I had no idea what I was about to view.  After viewing the site, it quickly dawned on me that I was looking at a private lake reservation system like Airbnb or Vrbo.  The idea is an interesting one and seems to be taking on the untapped market of fishable, private water.  If you have ever had the pleasure of fishing private water, like private lakes or farm ponds, you know that the fishing can be pretty darn good.  I have access to some farm ponds where catching 20 bass and 8 inch bluegill during a single day is a possibility and common at some times of the year.  These locations just don't get overfished typically and fish don't get pressured like they do on public water.  This is an interesting idea and business but it is up to you what YOU think of it.  Would you pay to fish private water?  On another note, it appears that this company Missouri-based and in its infancy.  It will be interesting to see where this company goes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment