Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Winter Trout Stocking has Started in Missouri


In many parts of Missouri, native fish activity is starting to slow.  The water is getting colder and the metabolism of fish is trending in the wrong direction for anglers.  Thankfully for us, we have the Missouri Department of Conservation to give us an opportunity to keep wetting lines!  Around the state, MDC is in the process of stocking lakes with rainbow trout.  So while the catfish, bass, and bluegill bite might be slowing, there will be trout to catch!  

Now I know what some of you are thinking.  To some, catching 12 inch rainbow trout that were raised in a hatchery might not seem very exciting or fun.  I get it.  On the other hand though, it is an opportunity to catch a fish that can otherwise be hard to access by Missourians that don't live in southern Missouri.  In recent years, I have absolutely fallen in love with catching trout in and around the Kansas City area because I don't get to visit trout streams, trout parks, and Lake Taneycomo as much as I would like.  So for that reason, I greatly appreciate the fact the MDC is giving us an opportunity that I don't get to do as much as I would like.  For information about trout being stocked in St. Louis, just click on the link below.  For information on the rest of the state, there is a link for that too!


Link to Statewide Trout Stocking Information: https://mdc.mo.gov/fishing/species/trout/winter-trout-fishing-areas

No comments:

Post a Comment