Monday, March 27, 2023

A Beautiful Day for a Boat Ride


It was an almost perfect day on Smithville Lake last Saturday.  The sun was out, the wind was almost nonexistent, and it was warmer than what it has been recently.  I also got the chance to take Wendy out on her first boat ride in the new boat.  Waylon is just about used to the new setup and he had a great time as well.  

, I referred to Saturday as being "almost perfect" and the only reason I made that statement was due to the fishing.  We literally saw one fish during our outing.  Sure, we could have fished for crappie but we wanted to sling streamers for white bass.  According to what I saw and what I have heard, the fishing should be getting really good on lakes in my area soon.  The water temps are in the lower 40's and I am excited for those temps to get into the 50's and trigger some good prespawn fishing!  Regardless of the fishing, the three of us had a safe, fun time!  It's always a good day when everyone stays in the boat and the boat doesn't sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment