Wednesday, March 22, 2023

How Do YOU Fish New Water?

If you were going to fish a lake/river/stream that you had never fished before, what your plan be?  Would it be to simply hit the water and try to figure out where the fish are and what they are eating?  Would you hire a fishing guide?  Would you go to local fly/bait shops to try to get some good information?  Would you peruse the internet and/or Facebook pages, YouTube channels, and forums?  Would you talk to a friend that is familiar with the area?  Would you try to use what has worked at other similar locations where you have had success before?  Would you employ a combination of these things?

I ask these questions because, as I have mentioned before, I am trying to learn how to catch white bass on Smithville Lake.  I have had all of these questions run through my head and it is a bit overwhelming.  In tomorrow's post, I will describe what I am doing to be successful at a new lake.  Today's post was just to get you thinking about how YOU would approach such an obstacle/challenge.

Just as I was about to publish this post, I ran across this video.  Either fate wanted me to share it or the algorithm that tracks my keystrokes tried to get me to click on it.  Whichever the case may be, it worked!


Link to the Orvis YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@orvis

No comments:

Post a Comment