Tuesday, March 21, 2023

I Have Never Done This Before


Recently, I received a custom order from a gentleman who contacted me online.  He wanted some very specific poppers and asked if I could fulfill his request.  I said that I could because I have tied poppers before but I was a little apprehensive because there were some components that I had never completed on my own.  For example, I had never worked with hard, Styrofoam bodies before, I had never painted these bodies before, and I had never put eyes on these bodies before.  With that being said, I had seen these things done before but never put them into practice.  

Let me say that this has been a fun experience of putting theory into practice.  It has been a lot of fun just getting to this point.  The bodies are hand painted, have four coats of gloss, and I used paint pens and nail heads to dot the eyes.  Next, I need to drill small holes into the bodies in order to thread the legs through (I've never done that either), and then I should be in a comfort zone.  I shouldn't have any problems attaching the marabou and hackle because I've actually done that part before.

If this order has taught me anything it is that I should always push myself to take on new tasks and develop new skills.  I'm glad that I took on an order that was a little out of my comfort zone and I have enjoyed the small challenge of completing something new to me.  I'll keep you updated on the final product but so far, I am extremely happy with the results and so is the customer!





No comments:

Post a Comment