Wednesday, March 9, 2022

A Nice Fish Caught on a Recently Completed Custom Order


A couple of weeks ago, I completed a custom order of flies for a gentleman (Samuel) that contacted me through Etsy.  He asked if I could time him up some flies that might work at Roaring River State Park.  I was happy to oblige and on a rare occurrence, I was actually able to hand deliver these flies to him.  We each had a beer, talked fishing, and it was nice to put a face with a name.  Most of the time, I just put flies in the mail and never get to meet the person that will actually be using the flies.  I also rarely get the opportunity to find out how the flies worked for the individual as well.

It was an absolute pleasure when Samuel contacted me last weekend to inform me that one of the mega worms that I tied for him actually helped him catch a 2 and 1/4 pound rainbow during his time at Roaring River!  ALL of the credit goes to Samuel on this catch and I want to be clear about that!  The angler is the one that selects the fly, ties it on, and fishes it.  I had very little to do with this catch but it was a thrill to see his fish and to see the memory that was created.  Feel free to check out more of his posts on Instagram.  His account is @jakecookssomefood if you would like to give him a follow!  Thank you for your purchase Samuel and I'm glad you had some darn good success on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment