Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Bass Round Up


Last Sunday, my sons and I were able to help out a friend of ours.  Jason is not only a good friend, he and his family also helped us to get our dog Waylon.  Over the last few years, our families have become closer and part of that is based on our appreciation for the outdoors.  So when Jason had a fish problem, it was our pleasure to help out.  You see, Jason has a pond on his property and while he has stocked catfish and bluegill in the pond, he was in need of some bass.  Well, it just so happens that I know of some overpopulated farm ponds that need some bass thinned out.  This was a win-win situation!

Jason took care of all of the logistics (by logistics I mean bringing a stock tank, filling the tank and installing an aerator) and Mason and I took care of providing the fish.  Since this was a "business" fishing trip, we went with spinning tackle and spinnerbaits.  It just seemed more practical plus it was really windy which would have made fly fishing difficult.  

In the end, we provided Jason with 15 bass that ranged in size from 12 inches to 16 inches.  Also, I am proud to say that all of the fish survived the transport and swam off into their new home.  We have a few more stockings to conduct to complete the job, but things are off to a great start so far.  I've never done anything like this before and it was a lot of fun to fish with a purpose and help a friend out at the same time.  I'll keep you posted on the progress of the project, but so far, it's off to a good start.



No comments:

Post a Comment