Thursday, March 31, 2022

Bunny Clouser Variant



A couple of days ago I referenced a clouser minnow variant that I have been playing around with.  I realized after the fact that I had failed to include a picture and description of the variant that I was referencing so I thought I would share a little more info about what I have been experimenting with.

This is basically a clouser minnow with a the bucktail on the top of the fly getting swapped out for a rabbit strip.  I had the intention to fish this fly last year but never got around to it, but this year is going to be different.  I have yet to see how this fly behaves in water, either the fly tester or an actual lake, but I have high hopes for the fly.  I'm hoping that it has a long, slender, minnow-like profile with some good action from the rabbit strip.  I also hope that I can avoid the strip fouling around the hook,  If this fly proves itself on the water, you will probably be seeing it in the Etsy store in the near future!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment