Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Treasure of Fly Tying Supplies from a Former Teacher

Sometimes it pays off to have friends that do amazing things.  In this instance, my friend just happened to be Mr. Miller, a former biology teacher that taught me in high school.  He also happens to be an amazing taxidermist.  He was one of my favorite teachers in high school and I actually have a European deer mount that he completed for me hanging in my living room.  He has always been a thoughtful and kind individual as well.  He graced me again with his generosity recently when he came across some leftovers from some of his taxidermy work and wondered if I might be able to use some of the hides to tie flies with.  He supplied me with a wealth of riches that I cannot thank him enough for, but there was a small fee involved.  I'm going to keep that between him and I for now, but if he gives me the go-ahead, I will hopefully post in the future about the payback.  For now, I have some flies to tie!

If you would like to see more of his work, feel free to click on the link below.  He is an outstanding taxidermist and I have never heard a single bad thing about his work.  He's located in Plattsburg, Missouri, so if you live in the area, keep him in mind next time you want to have a trophy mounted.  If you don't live in the area and still need a mount, I can attest that he is worth the drive.  His work is second to none and you will be happy with the results.  He's also a good follow on the 'gram as well!

Miller's Taxidermy Link: https://www.millerstaxidermy.net/

Instagram: @terryl.miller




























No comments:

Post a Comment