Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Trying Out Bennett's Lunch Money Fly


Last night I had the chance to fish a fly that I learned to tie over the winter and while Ryan Walker didn't invent this fly, I sure associate him with this fly.  He's given me some pointers on how to tie them and actually sells them in his Etsy store called Ozark Smallmouth Flies.  When I first started to learn about this fly, I constantly heard that this was a great smallmouth fly.  While I have no doubt about that, I also felt like it would be a good largemouth fly as well.  

It can look like a small bluegill or even a big tadpole for that matter.  It quickly became a fly that I wanted to experiment with this spring and so far, I am pretty pleased with the results.  I ended up catching a few largemouth bass with one of them pushing a pound.  The fly also got SMASHED by a channel cat that tipped the scale at 2 pounds as well.  I really like the profile and action of the fly!  I will definitely be fishing this more and I have a feeling the Lunch Money is going to be a staple in my streamer box!

Link to my buddy Ryan Walker's Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/listing/802015175/bennetts-lunch-money







No comments:

Post a Comment