Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Waylon’s First Fishing Trip!

 

Yesterday evening, Waylon and I were able to hit a HOA pond that I have fished for years now.  It is usually pretty hot in the spring and bluegill, bass, hybrid bluegill, and white bass can all be fooled by a fly there.  It was with this knowledge that I felt like I might be able to show Waylon a few fish and hopefully start working on him being a new fishing buddy.  So with his retractable leash attached to my backpack, we set off to do some bank fishing and things could not have gone better.  

He stayed close the entire time and thought the fish were fascinating!  He needs to learn to not bite them and not to try to retrieve them when I toss them back (he got a little wet once), but overall he was a good boy.  On top of that, I caught a pretty big hybrid bluegill.  It ended up tipping the scales at 12 ounces and was 10 inches long.  So aside from being well-behaved on the water, he just might be a good-luck charm as well!











Here are the pictures of the big hybrid I caught!





No comments:

Post a Comment