Monday, April 26, 2021

Farm Pond Fishing Report from the Weekend

Wendy, Waylon, and I were able to head up to our family farm in northwest Missouri yesterday and hit a couple of farm ponds.  The wind made things a little challenging in terms of using a fly rod and Waylon added some obstacles in the boat but it was an amazing day.  I caught some bass on a streamer and Wendy and I caught some nice bluegill on jigs under floats.  None of the bass were monsters but I did end up with one healthy, fifteen inch bass towards the end of the day.  I caught him and all the other bass on an eight weight rod.  The streamer that caught every bass was a Lunch Money.  This fly is quickly becoming one of my favorites because of it's sink rate, profile, and action.  As far as the bluegill go, we caught everything either on a John Deere or a Standard.  A few of the gills went 8 inches and really put a bend in a 4 weight rod.  

It was a pretty day and it was nice to spend a spring day in a boat on a farm pond in Missouri!  I am especially appreciative that I got to spend it with my fiancé and my newest fishing buddy.  Wendy is without a doubt the best female fly fisher I know.  Waylon had fun basking in the sun, playing in the water, and scaring us on multiple occasions with almost falling out of the boat.

















No comments:

Post a Comment