Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Red Baitfish Popper Heads- An Almost Finished Product


Last week I posted about some howitzer baitfish popper heads that I had painted red. At the time, I didn’t really know what to do with them and then it dawned on me: some of the most classic, iconic, and well know lures of all time have red heads and white bodies. It seemed only logical to put these heads on white bodies with white tails to match that popular look. While I still need to put some eyes on the heads, I am thrilled with how they look so far! The barred silli legs really make everything pop and hopefully provide some good motion in the water. I have four heads left over and want to do something completely different with them. I’ll keep you posted on what income up with as well as what the current fly will look like after the eyes get attached. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment