Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tying Cravens Gonga with Ozarks Smallmouth Alliance



Ryan Walker of Ozarks Smallmouth Alliance has released another fly tying video recently and this one is a tutorial on tying Craven's Gonga.  This looks like a great streamer for trout, smallmouth, largemouth, and any other streamer eaters.  I plan to tie my own version of this pattern tonight and share it with you tomorrow.  I'm thinking a baitfish or bluegill pattern might be interesting to tie.  I'm also planning on adding a little more bulk on a bigger hook as well.  My reasoning for this is that I like to throw flies that are a little bigger for the largemouth that I target.  Be sure to come back tomorrow to see my version.  That way, you can compare and contrast the two patterns in case you want to give this pattern a try for yourself.

Link to Ozarks Smallmouth Alliance YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@OzarksSmallmouthAlliance

No comments:

Post a Comment