Sunday, December 4, 2022

Song of the Week- Can't You See by Waylon Jennings- Week 9

If you follow the website Moldy Chum, you will recognize where the idea comes from.  If you don't follow the site, they have a post every Sunday called "Sunday Toona".  Essentially, the post contains a song of the week.  I liked that idea so much that I decided to start a similar tradition.  I plan on posting a YouTube video every Sunday and this post is the first of many more to follow.

I wouldn't blame you if you wonder how music connects to a fly fishing blog.  Well, the bottom line is that it really doesn't, at least on the surface.  However, if you fish, then you probably listen to music.  Maybe you listen to some tunes in your boat.  Maybe you slip in some earbuds and listen to jams while you fish.  Most of us probably listen to music on the way to go fishing.  So there is a connection between fishing and music, albeit a small connection.

The other reason that I want to start this routine is that I really enjoy music.  I have ZERO musical talent and that might be the reasoning that I appreciate the talents that other musicians have.  I don't like all music though.  I like music that has heart.  I like music that tells a story.  Most of all, I like music that I can relate to on some level.  For those reasons, the music that I share might not be to your liking...and that's ok!  I listen to a lot of music that you won't find on radio stations and that's why I want to share it with others.  

I started this blog cause I wanted to share my experiences with others in the hopes that others might learn and benefit from what I do.  Sharing music that touches my heart, or makes me laugh, or brings a tear to my eye falls in line with the aforementioned ideal.  I hope you dig what I share and I hope you find something that you can connect with.  For the first Song of the Week post, I present to you "Can't You See" by Waylon Jennings.




Link to Waylon Jennings YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGkocGhidU4byaZvwkYxAGw

No comments:

Post a Comment