Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Tying Craven's Gonga- My Version



As promised, I attempted to tie Craven's Gonga last night.  I beefed up the hook to a 1/0, added some UV chenille, and moved the eyes to the top of the hook.  I like for my streamers to ride point up when I have the option so that's why I flipped the eyes.  Overall, I am EXTREMELY happy with how this fly turned out.  I'm not going to draw any conclusions just yet because I need to see how this fly behaves in the water, but so far, I really like the profile, color combination, and the materials/steps that are required to tie this fly.  I have included a step-by-step tutorial and list of materials in case you want to tie some up of your own.

List of Materials:
Eyes: large, dumbbell eyes
Hook: size 1/0 Gamakatsu B10S
Thread: white 210 denier
Tail: olive and white marabou
Body: medium, pearl chenille
olive schlappen
UV polar chenille- the schlappen and UV polar chenille get twisted together
Head: white and olive Senyo's laser dub




















No comments:

Post a Comment