Thursday, December 8, 2022

Silver Salmon Sure Love Pink Flies!

To piggy back off yesterday's post, I've learned a few things in the last 24 hours about silver salmon flies.

1. They are WAY different than trout and bass flies at times.
2. The color pink is a big deal in the silver salmon world!
3. Purple is a close second.
4. There are a few flies that cross over between silver salmon and other species, but not many.

The flies that I have settled on to tie for my friend Casey are a mixture of flies that cross over to other species and some flies that are particular to salmon.  For example, I'm going to tie some clousers and woolies but also some intruders and Dolly Llamas.  I will eventually post some pictures of what I tie but until then, I need to get on the vise!












No comments:

Post a Comment