Friday, December 23, 2022

What a Mess!

I tied some streamers recently and I was thinking about what box to put them in.  It was at that very moment...I knew I had a problem.  At the time, I couldn't figure out how many streamer boxes that I actually had.  When I located all of my boxes and laid them out, as you can see above, I have an organization problem.  It just so happens, I have have the time and motivation to get this sorted out today.

Seeing as how all of our water is frozen here in the northwestern part of Missouri, the temperature is currently -6 degrees Fahrenheit, and I am on winter break from school (both as a teacher and grad student), I just happen to have the time to get this project done.  If you are in a similar situation, you might consider doing the same.  I think most of us are guilty of throwing nymphs in the dry fly box or chucking a single hook streamer in with the articulated ones from time to time.  

This is the perfect time of year to spend some time in the warm confines of your home, preparing for the next fishing season.  You might also consider cleaning fly line, inspecting rods and reels for maintenance, and just giving everything a proper once-over.  By once-over I mean whatever you want that to mean.  By doing this, you will ensure that you will be ready for time on the water when it arrives for you and you won't have to do this stuff when you would rather be fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment